Now, the problem is, I am rubbish at cutting out! I don't have the patience. Worse still, I have no hope of cutting out anything in felt! How does one cut out a felt circle with a pair of scissors? So my little pea-brain had a think... Can one die-cut felt?
Indeed one can!
So I thought it might be nice to share my experiences with die cutting felt. Here are the dies I've tried and the results. I will come back to this from time to time and update.
- Sizzix Framelits - result!
- Sizzix Sizzlits - Hmmm..... Mixed results there. I have a butterfly that came with my Bigshot and that failed miserably. Other, less detailed, designs seem to work. I had one that I used for a very specific project and I got a much better result after picking out the sponge. I don't know if I've wrecked it for future use though.
- DoCrafts - Yep! Some of these are quite detailed, so to get a better result with felt I suggest putting some lightweight iron-on interfacing onto the felt.
- Sizzix Bigz - Fantabulous result! You can even do three or four layers of felt at the same time!
- Sizzix Originals - As with Bigz - you can do several layers at once.
I will be showing my felt designs on here so you can see for yourself....
If you have any other results to add to this, please do! Let's share our felt-cutting experiences :-)